Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Arena Baggage

This seems like a more professional outlet for my work. I'll keep this updated with information about what I'm working on and pictures of my most recent projects.

First, a backlog of photos, starting with some of my most recent.

This one started as a rush job for Dane in Michigan, with a one day turnaround time from initial contact to shipment. The only guidelines were an anchor in the center, and "Learn_not2burn" across the bottom. It's a stripped down, basic size large.












Luke from Illinois got a little more creative and wanted a protein ribbon emblazoned across his back. It's a size large with a neon green ribbon and molecule spanning the flap. I've included the original inspiration for the bag, for comparison.












Nick from Gainesville decided he was bored with his green stripes (see below) and requested a large, purple octopus complete with reflective eyes on the flap of his medium bag.













Before he ditched Gainesville for Brooklyn, Adam snagged a large bag with a cuddly panda on it. Afraid he wouldn't be able to fight off all the girls flocking to its cuteness, he requested that a bloody panda claw be added. This bag also has double 3d outer pockets, a double cordura bottom layer, as well as an X-strap to distribute especially heavy loads over both shoulders.









Javier in California requested a large/extra large hybrid with the Spanish word for struggle, Lucha, embroidered across the bottom. This bag reminds me of a tuxedo with it's white and black color scheme. This bag includes an internal divider, U-lock holster, and external water bottle pocket.














This medium colored block bag was made for display in a craft fair in Orlando. After it didn't sell, I snagged it for personal, light-load use around town. The medium is the perfect size for summer classes and light picnics.











Lex at Bikes and More ordered a run of four size large messenger bags to sell in his shop. He requested two city themed bags, one flying anvil, and one road. This is what I came up with. As far as I know, only one is left in the shop.






















Nick from Gainesville started me off with my first sale. One extra large bag with neon green stripes across the flap. This bag used seat belt webbing for the strap, and an actual truck tarp for the liner. After I used these materials on my own bag for about a week, I realized it was a bad idea. Nick doesn't seem to mind though, as he's refused replacement of both.

No comments: